My favorite day to bake is Sunday - and this morning I'm making banana muffins.
- 3 overripe bananas
- 3/4 cup of chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 & 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- preheat oven to 350
- melt & cool butter
- mush & whip bananas & sugar
- add vanilla, sour cream, & cooled butter to bananas then mix
- sift flour, baking powder & salt into banana mixture
- stir in pecans & chocolate chips
- either using silicone muffin cups or paper liners, fill muffin cups 3/4 full
- bake for 25 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- cool on a wire rack
After cooling for 5-10 mins, dig in! Not to mention, these happen to go great with a cup of bold coffee. Because most recipes make enough batter for more than 12 muffins, switched to silicone baking cups. They are dishwasher safe & allow me to bake the muffins (or cupcakes) without a muffin pan. For this recipe, I lined up 15 muffin cups on a rimmed baking sheet, that would have held 18 cups easily.
In the past I've used this base recipe to create blueberry muffins, banana walnut muffins, and pumpkin muffins. I love baking this time of year. Maybe next week I'll try out apple & cinnamon muffin.