Inspiration for this week's meal came from the garden. My rosemary & chervil are quite the happy campers, making them prime targets to harvest. With some pork chops & fingerling potatoes from Breezy Willow Farm, the meal practically made itself.
Well - having a few extra pairs of hands in the kitchen helped too!
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1.5 lbs of fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tsp of fresh chervil
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 2-4 tbsp butter
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- preheat broiler to 500
- chop up the garlic & rosemary
- in a medium sauce pot, add butter olive oil, dried herbs & melt over med/low heat
- put the - still wet from washing - potatoes into a large microwave safe glass bowl & cover with a plate. cook (steam) for 8-10 minutes. they should be soft-ish when done
- in a dish add garlic & rosemary, salt, pepper & a few tbsp of olive oil (this is for the pork)
- set aside a large sheet pan with a rack (you may want to line the bottom of the pan with foil)
- dredge the chops through the rosemary-garlic mixture & place each one on the rack in the sheet pan
- roast the chops for 8-10 mins, flipping them once at the five minute mark
- toss the potatoes into the pot with the butter & dried herbs, put on the kid and crank to medium/high. cook these until super soft and the skin browns
- plate, add chervil to the potatoes & enjoy!
We enjoyed this meal with very large glasses of Black Ankle Passeggiata. This red is a light to medium bodied wine, with a lot of berry notes. It was fantastic with this meal. I see a spring trip to the vineyard this spring!