To find inspiration I poured through some of my favorite cook books and magazines. And just today, I dove into Mark Bittman's NYTimes article on post-Thanksgiving meals. It reminded me that the possibilities are limitless. Here's my preliminary plan (which I think is sooooooo important because it's easy to forget what you have tucked in the back of the fridge!):
1. Turkey Stock - similar to my chicken stock recipe
2. Turkey Tortilla Soup - recipe coming soon!
3. Latkes - made from leftover mashed potatoes
4. Cranberry Crumble - which reminds my family of Gruffalo Crumble
5. Stuffing Balls - for when we have a hankering for a taste of Thanksgiving in February
The goal this weekend it to keep cool and organized, easier said than done!